Coastguard Lake Taupo Memberships
Coastguard Lake Taupo offers two types of memberships - Active Volunteers and Boat Users / Supporters.
Active Volunteers help in a number of ways:
- as Crew. CGLT operates three boat crews, which are rostered on duty one week out of three and are on pager callout 24/7 during their week
- as Lake Watchers. Members at strategic places round the Lake assist with searches
- as Radio Operators with the Mariners Radio Association. This is a group funded by Coastguards Lake Taupo and Turangi
- by assisting with Boating Education courses
Boat Users and other Supporters join and pay an annual subscription. Benefits of this include:
- Supporting Coastguard, 'The Charity Saving Lives at Sea'
- Unlimited breakdown assistance on Lake Taupo (note: free to members only while acting with all reasonable diligence, due care and attention)
- Discounts at various businesses in Taupo Township
- Discounts at Coastguard Boating Education Courses (CBES)