Radio Call Signs

Marine VHF radio call signs are issued for vessels operating within New Zealand waters only. New Zealand registered vessels heading off shore to countries that require an individual Ships Radio Licence rather than a standard GURL (Generic user radio licence) are to please contact Coastguard Boating Education.

Update existing call sign

New call sign application


*Please note if you are applying for a Call Sign for your Single Side Band Radio (SSB) you will need to contact Coastguard Boating Education directly (via phone or email), please do not complete an online application.